Minor build problems

James McDermott jamesmichaelmcdermott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:41:21 CEST 2005

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this. Great to hear that development is continuing and a
new release is planned.

After installing/updating lots of stuff (fink, swig, diffutils, tla,
libtool...:-) I've hit another wall.

I ran the tla command to get the latest aubio changes. It gives me a
new directory with no configure file, but it does have a bootstrap
script - but the bootstrap script fails because there is no
configure.in. There was none in the original unpatched directory
either.

So I'm stuck - should end users be running the bootstrap script?
Should I have a configure.in file?

(I also tried going back to the original (unpatched) 0.1.8, because I
now have swig. But now it fails to compile because it can't find
Python.h - a SWIG file I think. Does that mean my SWIG install is bad?
Please ignore this question if there's a solution using the patched
version of aubio.)

James.