Minor build problems

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Tue Jun 28 21:00:34 CEST 2005

Hi James,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 04:41:21PM +0100, James McDermott wrote:
> So I'm stuck - should end users be running the bootstrap script?

when starting from the tla tree, yes :-)

> Should I have a configure.in file?

you should have a configure.ac. simply renaming it configure.in might
get your autoconf convinced, but most likely you have an old version of
autotools/automake with a half broken autoreconf. either updating to
newer versions of autotools (1.8/2.5x) or using the following old
version of bootstrap could work.

> (I also tried going back to the original (unpatched) 0.1.8, because I
> now have swig. But now it fails to compile because it can't find
> Python.h - a SWIG file I think. Does that mean my SWIG install is bad?

no, this means that you don't have the python-dev package installed.

> Please ignore this question if there's a solution using the patched
> version of aubio.)

i think it got a little better in the tla tree.

cheers, piem