Minor build problems

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Tue Jun 28 14:47:27 CEST 2005

Hi James,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:46:47PM +0100, James McDermott wrote:
> Hi list

> if any of these issues have already been raised.

i will try to set one up over the summer.

> I'm building aubio on Mac OS X, with the intention of using the YIN
> pitch detection algorithm as a component in a system which measures
> similarities between sounds.

excellent.

> -----
> I have Jack installed, but not ALSA, but I'll be using aubio off-line
> anyway so that's ok. I tried this:

alsa only exists on linux. jack works fine on osx.

> Jack and ALSA are disabled by default - so the --enable-alsa=no switch
> probably isn't being processed right.

both should be auto-detected. if you install jack it should get enabled.

probably an issue in the configure script somewhere. the last version in
the arch repository was updated, so i hope this was solved with.

> -----
> Next problem: make install fails in the 'doc' directory - this is the
> fault of OS X, cos I can't get docbook-to-man to install properly.
> Replacing doc/Makefile with a no-op Makefile works around this.

this was also fixed earlier, the generated manpages will be ship along
in the next release.

> -----
> But I don't know how to solve this problem, which appears during make install:
>
> [...]
> ranlib /usr/lib/libaubio.a
> ranlib: file: /usr/lib/libaubio.a(3dnow.o) has no symbols
> ranlib: file: /usr/lib/libaubio.a(altivec.o) has no symbols
> ranlib: file: /usr/lib/libaubio.a(debug.o) has no symbols
> [...]

that doesn't seem to be a problem.

> Making install in aubio
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `aubiowrapper.py', needed by
> `install-nodist_pkgpythonPYTHON'.  Stop.
>
> I don't seem to have any file aubiowrapper.py.

is swig installed? there was a few glitches compiling the python module,
i fixed that in the repository too.

hopefully a release will come up in a few days.

thanks, paul