[aubio-user] Xcode 7 iOS crash with "dyld: Library not loaded"

Adam Wilson adam at codegarden.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 23:07:59 CEST 2015

I’ve been trying to debug a crash on launch on device (iOS) which seems to be coming from aubio:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libaubio.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/CCFF68BA-4186-421E-A07E-D5482B654D98/MyApp.app/MyApp
  Reason: image not found

This has been happening since I updated to Xcode 7. I am also using Swift in my project. I’ve updated to aubio 0.4.2

If I set aubio as an optional framework it loads the rest of the app but then crashes on new_aubio_pitch()

More investigation to be done on this but thought I’d raise it as a possible issue with Xcode 7.