[aubio-user] aubio features

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Sat Apr 5 16:19:45 CEST 2014

On 04/02/2014 12:48 PM, Макс Кукушкін wrote:
> Hello o/, my name is Maks, I'm going to develop android app which
> will use next concept: /dynamically changing an animation depends on
>  music that plays in background/. In view of that I have some
> questions:

> 1) Is it possible to use aubio in android application?

sure, aubio builds fine using the android toolchain. you will need to
access sound buffers directly from the NDK. i guess this page would be a
good starting point:

	http://code.google.com/p/andraudio/

another thing: as aubio is GPL, your application should be GPL too.
contact me if you think of publishing your app under another license.

> 2) whether it is possible to classify a track (or parts of it) by
> tempo (*slow*, *fast*, *very* *fast* for example)?

see this example in python for inspiration:

	https://github.com/piem/aubio/blob/develop/python/demos/demo_bpm_extract.py

> 3) is it possible to detect changing the rhythm of track in runtime?

yes, the aubio_tempo object will track the beat along the changing rhythm.

you could also use onsets to trigger different visuals.

> I need to know this to change speed (type) of animation depends on
> rhythm of playing music.

looking forward to test that,

best, Paul