[aubio-user] aubiopitch

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Wed Sep 18 21:39:21 CEST 2013

Hola Julie,

0.4.0~alpha comes with a C version of aubiopitch, whereas aubiopitch in
0.3.2 is written in python. Debian or Ubuntu do not have 0.4.0~alpha yet.

most likely, aubio 0.4.0~alpha has been installed manually on your machine,
probably in /usr/local. check the output of 'which aubiopitch'.

you can choose to uninstall it (./waf uninstall from the build
directory). or you can make sure you are using the aubiopitch of your
choice by specifying the full path: /usr/bin/aubiopitch.

the new C version should be significantly faster, yet lead to similar
results.

the plotting features do need work in 0.4.0 however. Let me know
if/which you need, i could work on a python script for 0.4.0. with the
new python interface, it would be a lot faster.

best wishes,
Paul