[aubio-user] aubiopitch

Julie Mauclair julie.mauclair at irit.fr
Tue Sep 17 13:44:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with aubiopitch. One of my former colleague send me one of his program using aubiopitch but it seems he doesn't use the same option as I have when I try to use aubiopitch.
He has this -help on aubiopitch :
$ aubiopitch -h
Usage: /usr/bin/aubiopitch [options] -i soundfile
-h, --help            show this help message and exit
-i FILENAME, --input=FILENAME
                      input sound file
-m MODE, --mode=MODE  pitch detection mode [default=mcomb]
                      mcomb|yin|fcomb|schmitt
-u, --units           output pitch in units [default=Hz]
                      freq|midi|cent|bin
-B BUFSIZE, --bufsize=BUFSIZE
                      buffer size [default=2048]
-H HOPSIZE, --hopsize=HOPSIZE
                      overlap size [default=512]
-t THRESHOLD, --threshold=THRESHOLD
                      pitch threshold (for yin) [default=0.1]
-s SILENCE, --silence=SILENCE
                      silence threshold [default=-70]
-D DELAY, --delay=DELAY
                      number of seconds frames to take back [default=0]
-S SMOOTHING, --smoothing=SMOOTHING
                      use a median filter of N frames [default=0]
-M PITCHMAX, --maximum=PITCHMAX
                      maximum pitch value to look for (Hz) [default=20000]
-l PITCHMIN, --minimum=PITCHMIN
                      minimum pitch value to look for (Hz) [default=20]
-n, --note            NOT IMPLEMENTED output notes
-T, --plottruth       draw plot of the ground truth pitch track
-p, --plot            draw plot of the pitch track
-x XSIZE, --xsize=XSIZE
                      define xsize for plot
-y YSIZE, --ysize=YSIZE
                      define ysize for plot
-O OUTPLOT, --outplot=OUTPLOT
                      save the plot to output.{ps,png,svg} instead of
                      displaying it
-v, --verbose         make lots of noise
-q, --quiet           be quiet

and I get this:
usage: aubiopitch [ options ]
       -h      --help          Display this message.
       -v      --verbose       Be verbose.
       -j      --jack          Use Jack.
       -o      --output        Output type.
       -i      --input         Input type.
       -O      --onset         Select onset detection algorithm.
       -t      --threshold     Set onset detection threshold.
       -s      --silence       Select silence threshold.
       -p      --pitch         Select pitch detection algorithm.
       -B      --bufsize       Set buffer size.
       -H      --hopsize       Set hopsize.
       -a      --averaging     Use averaging.

I have been trying to update my version of aubiopitch with apt-get, github, compile it with waf ... nothing seems to work.

Could you help me please?

Thank you,

Julie