[aubio-user] Hooray revived list!

W. Trevor King wking at tremily.us
Thu Apr 18 13:01:47 CEST 2013

Paul,

I've been using aubio in my pypid project [1].  Thanks for maintaining
aubio.

I emailed you back in March 2012 with some mailing list and X.509
certificate issues [2], but I never heard back.  I've been maintaining
an ebuild for aubio on Gentoo [3], and it will be nice to send patches
upstream instead of managing the locally.  My most recent patch series
(from October 2012), dealt mostly with SWIG and the Autotools
framework, but it looks like both are gone since February, replaced by
waf and hand written C extensions.  I'll test out the new tree and
report back with any issues.

It would be nice if you made periodic releases and tagged them in the
Git tree, so I would have a change to check for and fix any build
system or API incompatibilites.  Building from the master branch has
been a bit unstable ;).

Thanks,
Trevor

[1]: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pypid/