new aubio 0.2.0beta1 - please test

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Sun Aug 14 13:42:44 CEST 2005

Hi Paul

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:35:27PM -0400, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> Still no luck on RH9/PlanetCCRMA.  I got it to build by removing the
> python and swig directories from the SUBDIRS list in the toplevel
> Makefile (my swig version is too old).

yes, sorry about that. i've just added a note to specify that swig
version needs to be >= 1.3, but adding a check in configure is not
trivial.

> aubionotes seg faults pretty
> early on, though:
>
> [paul at localhost aubio-0.2.0beta1]$ examples/aubionotes
> out_1
> in_1
> Using 'alsa_seq' midi driver
> Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the MIDI inputSegmentation fault

it seems comes from new_aubio_alsa_seq_driver. possibly the thread is
not created properly, and aubionotes later tries to access the driver
that should have been returned. i have no idea why the thread can not be
created though.

> The stacktrace isn't very helpful:
>
> #0  0x400448c3 in jack_port_get_buffer () from /usr/lib/libjack.so.0
> #1  0x407b8ea4 in ?? ()

what do you get if you run the command 'bt' after that in gdb?

thanks, Paul