Aubio patches to fix a number of Linux build issues.

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Sun Aug 14 13:47:56 CEST 2005

Hi Mo,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:44:12PM -0700, Mo DeJong wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:50:28 +0100
> > I'm not sure about this one: I would rather not include it as it is
> > shipped in pkg-config. Which version of pkg-config do you have
> > installed? There should be a ${prefix}/share/aclocal/pkg.m4 too.
>
> I have the following file:
>
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4
>
> But I am installing aubio into a prefix other than /usr/local. Not sure
> if that would matter, but running autoconf was failing on my system
> because it could not find the pkg-config macros.

then yes, the problem is on your side. i guess copying that file to
/usr/share/aclocal or wherever aclocal looks for should fix it.
alternatively, calling aclocal with --acdir might be a solution.

> > > I also added some checks for c99 varargs macro support since my
> > > compiler does not like these. The patch will use gcc style varargs
> > > macros when no c99 macro support is available.
> >
> > and the fix in peakpick, excellent. Which compiler are you using?
>
> An old egcs-2.91.66. Rather old, but better to build on more systems
> with a simple autoconf check than not.

cool. actually, these C99 barbarism could also be dropped, but i'll keep
them, just in case some C99 only compilers tries to compile it.

thanks, piem