make error on OS X

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Sat Nov 27 15:30:54 CET 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 04:20:54PM -0500, Ryan Platte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping to build an educational program with aubio, and am
> exploring it this holiday weekend.

Nice!

> I've got the dependencies built now, but when I build aubio, I get:
> -I../src -O2 -Wall -Werror -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-unknown-pragmas
> -o
> .libs/aubioonset aubioonset.o utils.o
> -L/Users/john/Desktop/aubio-0.1.7.1/src
> /Users/john/Desktop/aubio-0.1.7.1/src/.libs/libaubio.dylib
> -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libsndfile.dylib
> /usr/local/lib/libsamplerate.dylib -lm -lpthread
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _cexp
> _sqrtf
> _cosf
> _expf
> _log10f
> _logf
> _powf
> _cabsf
> _cargf
> make[1]: *** [aubioonset] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I'm trying to figure how to fix this, but so far I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas?

I never tried building it on macosx. From
/usr/include/architecture/ppc/math.h:

/*
 * N.B. When using the C99 "float" entry points that follow, an
 * additional flag must be added to the link step that produces
 * the executable binary -- specify "-lmx".
 */

It seems calling configure with LDFLAGS=-lmx does the trick.

Also the file woodblock.aiff is not quite plug and play. So you
might need something like:

mkdir -p /usr/share/sounds/aubio
cp sounds/woodblock.aiff /usr/share/sounds/aubio

These should be fixed with for the next release.

Thanks for trying, let us know how it goes!

Bye, Paul