[aubio-user] Using aubio 0.4.0 from python (windows)

Aymeric Voxler aymeric.voxler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:53:00 CET 2014

Hi all and thank you for your help.

I finally managed to build Aubio for Python on Windows 7, and import it in
my code without any path issue with "from aubio import xxx".
If it can help anyone, here's the method that worked for me:

- install pythonXY
- install mingw
- get aubio from "git://git.aubio.org/git/aubio"

- open windows console in aubio directory
 * build the C library:
 > python .\waf configure build -j 1 --check-c-compiler=gcc

 * configure python to use gcc (see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16737260/how-to-tell-distutils-to-use-gcc):
  + create file "C:\Python27\Lib\distutils\distutils.cfg" containing:
[build]
compiler = mingw32

  + remove all "-mno-cygwin" from file
"C:\Python27\Lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py" (not sure if this is
necessary)

- build the python module
> cd python
> python setup.py build