[aubio-user] Using aubio 0.4.0 from python (windows)

Emilio Molina Martínez emilio.mol.mar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 20:50:38 CET 2014

Hi and happy new year!,

Great! now "configure" and "build" finished succesfully also for me (except
for "test-delnull.exe", which crashes). I also installed the python binding
with "python setup.py build", and it did it successfully I think. However,
I wasn't able to configure the path in windows (python scripts always
reported that libaudio-4.dll was missing), so I directly copied such dll to
the same folder as the running python script, and it seemed now it does not
report such error.

Unfortunately, I still have problems at running the python demos and some
python tests (run_all_tests crashed at some point, so I run them
independently). Specifically, I have problem with the following python
tests scripts: "test_specdesc.py", which directly crashes, and
"test_filter.py", "test_filterbank_mel.py", "test_peakpicker.py" and
"test_scale.py" that reported some problems (attached .txt file).

Moreover, when running the demos with a a 44100Hz mono 16-bit WAV file of
134KB called test.wav, I have this type of problem (I didn't try all demos
though):

e.g.,
"(...)\aubio\python\demos>python demo_pitch
.py test.wav 44100
AUBIO ERROR: failed creating aubio source with test.wav
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "demo_pitch.py", line 19, in <module>
    s = source(filename, samplerate, hop_s)
StandardError: error creating object"

How could I fix this problem?

Thank you very much!