[aubio-user] 0.4.0 pip package

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Mon Feb 17 17:38:00 CET 2014

On 14/02/2014 16:20, Colin Sullivan wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I was curious if the pip package could be upgraded to 0.4.0 easily?
>
> If it is an easy task and someone wouldn't mind, I would greatly
> appreciate it!  Otherwise, I would be interested to learn how I could
> contribute.

Hello Colin,

If I remember correctly, the problem with the pip package is that it
first take to install aubio headers and shared libraries before being
able to build the python extension. So that 'pip install aubio' won't
work unless you have already compiled and installed libaubio.

If anyone know of a way to build libaubio from pip, let me know! I'll
look into it in a few days.

See also how to build in a virtualenv:

	https://github.com/piem/aubio/issues/2

Best, Paul