[aubio-user] pitch detection frequency doubling

Adam Wilson adam at codegarden.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 10:14:46 CET 2014

Thanks Paul, I worked it out a few weeks ago.

The issue was that I was mixing stereo to mono signal but one of the instruments I’m using, a steel tongue drum, has almost sine like tones, which would be more susceptible to phase issues than other types of sounds.

So my guess is that there was phasing going on cancelling frequencies out.

Using the left mono input only solved the issue completely.