[aubio-user] aubio + java

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Wed Apr 9 15:56:22 CEST 2014

On 09/04/2014 08:15, Макс Кукушкін wrote:
> Hello all, I recently asked about the possibility of using aubion in
> android app (see
> http://lists.aubio.org/pipermail/aubio-user/2014-April/subject.html
> for modere details) but forgot to clarify that application should be
> written on java.

Hi Mакс,

You will want to write an Android application using java, that uses
Android's NDK to process audio:

	https://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

See for instance pd-for-android:

	https://github.com/libpd/pd-for-android

> So my next question: is it possible to use aubion inside java (is
> there a SWIG interface available)? I found this post
> http://lists.aubio.org/pipermail/aubio-user/2008-February/000094.html
>  but is not clear whether the wrapping is finished. Thnx

The SWIG wrapper had never been much used with java, mostly python. That
wrapper has been abandoned after 0.3.2, due to the huge overhead it
added. The new python interface has been written to avoid this overhead,
but no interface for java exists at the moment.

Let us know how it goes!

Best, Paul