[aubio-user] I dont see midi input in the jack midi connection panel...

Daniele De Felice daniele.defelice at delphis.it
Tue May 21 00:50:50 CEST 2013

Hi folks,
just noticed the list is revived!
Nice :)
Hope this is the right place to ask.
When I launch "aubionotes", without arguments, i get:

jack_client_new: deprecated
out_1
in_1
Using 'alsa_seq' midi driver

This creates a "aubio output" in the jack "audio" connection panel, but
the input of aubio is not in the MIDI pane but in the ALSA panel...
So if I want to connect for example the aubio output to the qsynth
input, I cant... because the qsynth input is in the midi panel...

Maybe I should get:

Using 'jack' midi driver

instead of

Using 'alsa_seq' midi driver

but I dont know how to do it.
I am on ubuntu 13. Tried to compile myself the package but I got a:
/usr/bin/ld: examples/utils.c.1.o: undefined reference to symbol
'floor@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
error, so before starting to hack around I thought it was better to
write here... :P

My goal is to have:
microphone -> aubionotes -> (MIDI) -> qsynth -> output/equalizer/fx

If something is missing in the code I can help (I think).

Thank you all
  Daniele

--
Daniele De Felice