[aubio-user] aubio 0.4.0~beta1

Lukasz Tracewski tracek at home.nl
Sun Dec 15 14:47:52 CET 2013

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your hard work! What you are doing has already saved me plenty of time in area of onset detection. Can't say much about other parts of aubio, but this one performs great in 0.4.0.

Using it with python is quite easy and blazingly fast thanks to implementation in C. Only remark I would have is to put some short description on "interfaces" to major blocks of aubio functionality. Just a moment ago I tried to figure out why I could not calculate 'mfcc' provided a numpy array, i.e.:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
m = aubio.mfcc(win_s, n_filters, n_coeffs, rate)

m(my_sample.astype('float32')) # throws ValueError: input array should be float32

... while it seems it expects phase vocoder object (perhaps obvious for more competent user). I guess that's because 'mfcc' is based on short-term power spectrum of a sound and phase vocoder will do FFT? Anyway, nothing that cannot be figured out with given examples and source code. Must say these are of a great help in using aubio.

Thanks again!

Lucas