[LAU] Command Line Audio Processing...

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Tue Oct 9 12:36:37 CEST 2007

Hi again James,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 06:00:00PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> Fascinating, Paul ...
>
> I've installed version 0.3.2 of the package and read through the manual
> pages, but can you tell me off-hand if this is suitable for recording
> and timestamping occasional conversations on an radio link, such as that
> from an amateur radio repeater?
>
> I've already got to the point where I can record a time period using
> arecord(1), but continuous operation would be more logical.

I am not familiar with radio devices, but yes, it should be fairly easy
to do so. Something like this will output ON and OFF timestamps reading
from the soundcard.

        arecord -f cd -t wav - | aubiocut -S -i -

The silence threshold (-S) may need to be adjusted to above -70
depending on the background noise level.

Note aubiocut will not want to write to disk just right now (the -c
option won't work when using '-i -'), but i might find time to convince
him to do so. Another nice option would be to allow very long windows,
up to a few seconds...

cc-ing to aubio mailing list.

cheers, Paul