aubio

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 4 17:41:50 CEST 2007

Hi there,

So what sort of problems are you having?
It is quite important to install fftw first, as it is used by libsamplerate.
I generally find that the best way to invoke configure is

/configure --prefix=/usr

since this gets around a problem with some Unix systems that /usr/local is the default install, but not the default search directory for library files.
For pure data compilation, download the source from http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html and unpack it. cd into the src directory and copy the header files to /usr/include:

cd pd-0.40-2/src
cp *.h /usr/include
/configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

Do this before you run ./configure in the aubio directory, and aubio should compile the pd plugin - note that this is aubio.pd_linux, not aubionotes~.pd_linux aubiotempo.pd_linux or any of the other names (they are objects within the library).

your .pdrc file (in the home directory) should contain the following:

-lib aubio

and you're ready to go with PD and aubio!

Good luck,
Ed

Andres Diaz <andfest at gmail.com> wrote: hello paul

 i've been checking around the aubio page and i found out that it is a really good tool to work audio stuff.
 i'm working with puredata right now and i would like to use aubio stuff on it, but i'm suffering some problems with the intallation, i wonder if you could help me out with it...i would really appretiate it.

 thanks
 Andrés Díaz

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com/process.php?pname=ShopfrontProcess-Start