more accurate beat locations

Alex Norman alex at neisis.net
Mon Mar 26 19:53:03 CEST 2007

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone here has some code available that processes the
beat/onset info that aubio gives to get even more accurate beat location
information?  I've found that if I calculate the median of the distances between
neighboring beats, I get a rather good estimation of the tempo, and then I can
remove beat locations that don't correspond to this tempo, but then I have a lot
of empty space without beat locations.  I'd like to intelligently interpolate
the beat locations so that I have a solid tempo indication over the whole song.

Anyways, if anyone has advice or code examples for this please send them my way.
I figure doing the auto-correlation of beat locations would help, or simply
finding beat locations that are close to whole number multiples of the median
distance from a long run of "solid" beat locations [and then inserting the
missing in-between locations].

-Alex