linking problems

Aylon Eduard eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:13:29 CET 2006

Hello there,

I have tried to subscribe to the list by emailing to
aubio-subscribe at piem.org but I got a Failed Mail delivery reply. So I have
decided to send an email directly to the list to get some help.

I am trying to use the aubio onsetdetection capabilities, but some how it
fails to link to sndfile when compiling. I get undefined references to the
functions which use sndfile such as new_aubio_sndfile_ro,
aubio_sndfile_samplerate, et cetera.
Should I specify any flags when configuring/compiling aubio?

For instance if I try to compile the following simple example:

#include <aubio/aubio.h>
#include <aubio/sndfileio.h>

int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
        aubio_sndfile_t *foo = new_aubio_sndfile_ro( argv[1] );
        return 1;
}

with g++ -laubio -lsndfile foo.cxx -o a.out

I get the following:

/tmp/cccTPq92.o: In function `main':
foo.cxx:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `new_aubio_sndfile_ro'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Should I link against other libraries as well?
I am not that experience programmer, so my appologises before hand if I am
asking something very obvious.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

eduard