compiling aubio

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Thu May 26 14:32:05 CEST 2005

Hi Nick,

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 06:01:46PM -0400, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled and installed aubio.  In the compilation process I
> received a message that said I didn't have JACK or LADSPA support.

i discovered a bug recently: aubio can't compile if alsa is found but
not jack. alsa should be activated only if the jack headers are found.

> Aubio compiled all right but the make process also died when trying to
> use the docbook-to-man  command.

the detection of the docbook-to-man program (not docbook2man) was added
to the configure script in the arch tree, and the generated man files
will be included along with the next release.

for now you can just ignore this error (make -k) and use docbook2man to
generate them (docbook2man src/aubioonset.sgml && man ./AUBIO.1).

> How can I get that JACK and LADSPA support and get the man files?

you will need to either install the jack headers (libjack-dev or so) or
disable the alsa support (./configure --disable-alsa).

the *LADCCA* code is not functional at the moment, so you don't really
want it. and no LADSPA, yet.

thanks for your report,
bye, paul