Aubio patch to get build working under Win32

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Thu Aug 18 03:09:20 CEST 2005

Hi Mo, hi all,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:02:41PM -0700, Mo DeJong wrote:
> > I am surprised a bit you don't have pkgconfig, it is in cygwin since
> > 2002 apparently: http://cygwin.com/packages/pkgconfig/
>
> I am not building with Cgywin. I am building with the msys + mingw
> which is not the same as cygwin or cygwin with the -mno-cygwin flag.

ah. ok, never heard of these. the website says:

""" MSYS: A Minimal SYStem to provide POSIX/Bourne configure scripts the
ability to execute and create a Makefile used by make. """

> > I would hope mkinstalldirs has also been fixed in a recent version.
>
> Better to just work around it. The error I was seeing had to do with some
> funky timing issue with a `mkdir foo/bar` when both foo and foo/bar needed
> to be created.

You are right for both host_os and FFTWLIB_CFLAGS, these will go in the
arch tree soon.

For the rest, I have to disagree. Fixing mkinstalldirs once is way
easier than fixing all the projects using it. The same follows for
AC_DEFAULT_PREFIX or AC_CHECK_HEADERS not working properly. And for
pkgconfig, mingw should be able to compile it.

I would rather first have a solid toolchain, then try compiling. Mingw
seems to be an active project, they would surely accept patches quickly.
If that takes too long, I will make sure your patch is available.

Cheers, Paul