Code?

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Mon Apr 11 18:57:04 CEST 2005

Hi Paul,

apologies for my late reply, last month has been quite busy.

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:32:59PM -0500, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> I get compilation errors on Red Hat 9.
>
> The first error is because docbook-to-man is called docbook2man on my
> system (from docbook-utils-0.6.12-5).

they are two different tools. docbook-to-man is found at
  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/tools/dtm/

> This is the second:
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/paul/Dev/aubio-0.1.8/python/aubio'
> swig -outdir . -o aubio_wrap.c -python ../../swig/aubio.i
> swig error : Unrecognized option -outdir
> swig error : Unrecognized option .
> Use 'swig -help' for available options.
> make[2]: *** [aubio_wrap.c] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Dev/aubio-0.1.8/python/aubio'

> I have swig-1.1p5-22 installed.

you will need to update to a more recent version of swig such as
swig 1.3 (1.2 may be enough).

i updated the configure.ac and the Makefile.am to try avoid this
kind of issues, although i could not find a convenient way of
checking for swig versions.

if you have time have a look at the current tree at
        http://aubio.piem.org/archzoom/
see also:
        http://aubio.piem.org/news/using_arch.html

> The resulting binary seg faults in new_aubio_alsa_seq_driver.

do you have the snd-seq module loaded?

thanks, piem